How an iconic U.S. auto maker rapidly converted its custom vehicle assembly line into a life-saving PPE equipment production powerhouse.
A large U.S. auto manufacturer with ideal manufacturing facilities to shift to producing N95 masks and ventilators rose to the occasion during the peak of COVID-19’s first wave. Wanting to address the mass shortages of N95 masks and ventilators, this manufacture first faced key challenges.
- The shift from producing cars in their facilities to PPE needed to happen in short order but they did not have the proper supply chain in place nor the knowledge of how to acquire the goods and services to alter the production lines.
- They themselves were running short on the PPE necessary to keep their manufacturing plants safe and open to their employees.
With know-how, this auto manufacturer could capably produce 1.5M masks and 1,500 ventilators per month to aid in the response to COVID-19.
Our customer took advantage of TealBook’s powerful and vast supplier data to easily discover new vendors who were able to respond quickly and efficiently during a time when prompt action was necessary. And, they leveraged key elements such as product isolation and certification validation to eliminate fraud. TealBook provided the critical information needed to acquire PPE to protect their staff including medical-grade masks and hand sanitizer to digital
thermometers and face shields.
By leveraging TealBook, the auto manufacturer:
• Shifted their manufacturing plants to produce PPE exclusively in high demand across the U.S. in a matter of weeks.
• Was able to acquire precious PPE when the rest of the country was left without it due to the lack of knowledge on where the supply existed.
• Kept employees safe.
• Avoided all fraud that has crippled other organizations attempting to shift in a similar fashion.
• Protected our medical workers and the critically ill in hospitals.