Grow With Us
We’re experiencing exciting, rapid growth, and we’re looking for the right individuals to add to our powerhouse team.
Our Core Values
Our values were decided by our team, and we’re committed to living them every day. We’ve built an inclusive, transparent culture dedicated to celebrating each other. We see failures as learning opportunities, we welcome feedback and new ideas, and we set clear goals and expectations so that every team member feels empowered to succeed.
Life At Tealbook
Our team enjoys competitive benefits, flexible schedules, and a workplace environment dedicated to psychological safety. We’re spread out between Toronto and Cincinnati, and utilize collaborative technologies to bridge geographic gaps. The health and safety of our employees is our highest priority, and in the era of COVID-19, our employees are encouraged to work from where they feel the safest.
REPORTS TO: CTO
Tealbook is a fast-growing big data and software company that fixes company’s supplier data, forever. Founded by our CEO, Stephany Lapierre, a sought-after industry leader on innovation, Tealbook quickly attracted early pioneers in the AI and Machine Learning technology community who helped build industry-leading products at Google, Ariba, and IBM. Recent growth has led to spurred investment from some of the premiere tech names – including Workday Ventures. Tealbook is cementing its position as the trusted source of supplier data and has already won prestigious awards like: Top 50 to Watch by Spend Matters and the Cool Vendor award by Gartner. We’re looking for the go-getters that dream big and want to collaborate in building the future. If this sounds like you, then come work for one of the fastest growing teams in technology.
You are an active collaborator who is passionate about building on new ideas and creating the best result. You are interested in Big Data management, and you have experience with building and supporting mission critical systems. You thrive in dynamic and fluctuating environments and you keep calm under pressure and can work autonomously. You challenge the status quo and inspire others to do the same. You fix things that need fixing, you identify problems, and you collaborate in finding solutions.
What You’ll Do
· Interact with product managers and front-end developers to design and deliver services and architectures for new functionality
· Ensuring our APIs use best practices to deliver secure access to our data and services
· Ensuring our code is of high quality through code reviews, coding best practices, automated testing etc…
· Ensuring our data representations model the business objects in a manner that’s both extensible and performant
· Architect and implement the cloud strategy for our SAAS application
· Ensuring we follow information security best practices and fix any issues uncovered by PEN testing or SOC 2 audits
· Support sales team in responding to information security questionnaires during RFP process
· Maintain and improve tools for building, testing, releasing our application on Google App Engine or similar products
· Share in the ownership of the application from design through build, test and deploy and through to customer support
· Support the migration of data in a safe and efficient manner
· Support and mentor less experienced team members
· Contribute to the maturation of our processes and culture as the organization grows
· Experience building large scale enterprise SAAS applications
· Comfortable working with cloud computing platforms such as Google cloud platform (GCP).
· Strong knowledge of security best practices including firewalls, code scans, encryption, OWASP etc…
· Knowledge of build and deployment tools with experience applying them in a CI / CD environment
· Experience building APIs to provide secure access to data and services
· Demonstrated history of taking responsibility for products from idea through deployment to ongoing customer support
· Team player who is comfortable discussing ideas, mentoring others and learning from others
· Good knowledge of algorithms, data structures and an understanding of scalability and concurrency
Nice to Have
· Experience with PEN tests and/or security audits such as SOC2
· Experience with enterprise search and related tools such as Elasticsearch
· Knowledge of data pipelines or integrating machine learning solutions
· Experience with Python
· Experience with ReactJS, HTML and other front-end technologies
· Experience working at a rapidly growing early stage company
· Experience mentoring team members or leading projects